Friday 18 March 2016

Why Indiana Jones 5 is a good idea


I remember the excitement when my Indiana Jones collection arrived at my door on blu ray. I had heard that their transfers into 1080p were fantastic, and I could not wait to re-watch some of my favourite movies. 

When the credits rolled on The Last Crusade, I couldn't help but feel a little sad. The trilogy was over, and there would be no more Indy adventures.
A perfect ending to the trilogy

That was the moment I forgot about Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

As I flipped through the digibook blu ray case, I forgot that there was a fourth movie of the franchise left to watch. I will not lie, I had yet to watch The Crystal Skull until last year. I avoided it like the plague, as I knew it was universally hated.

We all know how bad Indy 4 is. I  don't have to rant about it. Sure, they're actually are parts of film I enjoy. But overall, it's incredibly disappointing and the disc will probably be used as a drink coaster from now on.

I had no idea it would be this bad

So why is Indiana Jones 5 a good idea? Truth is, Indiana Jones 4 was a good idea, and there was a fantastic script from Frank Darabont for it. George Lucas (active producer of the Indy films) rejected Darabont's script, and instead went with the literary achievement that was Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. For the most part, Indy 4 is a very well directed movie. The problems of the film come down to the ridiculous script and horrible characters.

Ford keeps himself in great shape, and he is ready to play the role. Steven Spielberg is coming back to direct with Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall producing.

Indy 5 is a great idea, because George Lucas will not be involved. I am not a Lucas hater. He was a great visionary director and a great man. However his time in Hollywood is done, and Lucasfilm is ready to move forward.

Disney understands how to create a great story. With Disney owning Lucasfilm and the rights to Indiana Jones, I am confident Indy 5 will be a great movie and the send off to the character we've always wanted.




No comments:

Post a Comment