Monday 8 February 2016

My Top 10 list of 2015

These are what I consider to be my favourite movies of 2015. Keep in mind that these are my personal favourites and I didn't see every movie that came out this year. This list will probably change the more I think about it, but for now this is where I stand. Feel free to leave a comment if your list was any different!





Honourable Mentions: Creed, Spotlight and Ex Machina



10. Straight Outta Compton

Every year there is a movie that takes me by surprise. Definitely one of the most interesting biopics I've ever seen. The Oscars snubbed this one on many levels.


9. Kingsman: The Secret Service

I may never hear the song Free Bird the same after this. A gem in January. Watch it.


8. Sicario

Never mind Leo DiCaprio: Roger Deakins needs an Oscar. A very brutal and gritty movie with an incredible performance by Emily Blunt. This is how women should be portrayed in film.

















7. Inside Out

Why Pixar? Why must you make me cry again? Pixar's best since Toy Story 3 with an absolute genius story. An instant classic.



6. The Martian

The Martian proves that not ever movie has to be so serious. Amazing cast and Damon's best performance to date. I knew Ridley Scott could make a good movie again .



5. Bridge of Spies

Can Spielberg and Hanks do anything else but make a great movie? We all take it for granted, but we may never see a duo like them ever again. Standing man...standing man.


4. Hateful Eight


I give my allegiance to the church of Tarantino. Do whatever you want, I'll see it, and I'll love it. A one of a kind genius who's out of his mind in the best way. 



3. The Revenant

The Revenant proves that 3D is not more immersive. One of the most beautiful films I've ever seen photographed. A brutal experience in which I literally was on the edge of my seat. Don't hike in bear country. 


2. Mad Max: Fury Road

How can I watch a movie now that doesn't have a guy playing a flame throwing guitar? I still can't believe Warner Bros. gave George Miller $150 million for a prequel/sequel/reboot of a 30 year old franchise. What a lovely day it was to see one of the best action movies of all time in theatres. Once again, a movie that showcases that woman are just as strong as men. My blu ray copy will definitely get its use. 


1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens

No. I am not fanboying. I recognize it has a few problems. Yes, it's similar to episode 4. Really? Another deathstar? However, the fact that it got everything else right makes it my favourite movie of 2015. This felt like Star Wars again. A feeling that hasn't been there since 1983. I wasn't around when Star Wars was released in theaters in 1977. Had I been there, I'd imagine it would have felt a lot like 2015, seeing Episode 7. Chewie...we definitely are home.







For an excellent tribute to the films of 2015, click here.




8 comments:

  1. There are so many new movies each year that's hard to stay on track!!! Out of these 10 I only watched one, and I didn't know about at least five of them :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I can write this blog! I see a lot of movies :)

      Delete
  2. I need to hurry through my "must-see" list in time for the Oscars since I just realized that I've only watched five of the 10 movies on your list. Sicario really blew me away, and its director is a great Canadian talent too. Like you said, Emily Blunt played a great, strong character, but what got me the most in that movie was the intense soundtrack. Very eerie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out that director's other films. Prisoners is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've ony seen one of the movies on your list. Since I'm a mom of three, it's not hard to guess which one. I'm glad to have some feedback from an adult. Thanks for the suggestions Giacoma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have similar taste! There is a couple on the list I haven't seen... I will definitely check them out! Have you ever seen the Guardian? Love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't! I will have to check it out! Thanks

      Delete